Friday, October 14, 2011

Family Time

Our family seems to be in a season in life where we remain in perpetual motion. Although the weekends are no exception, I look forward to having everyone together, and our activities are more family centric, rather than everyone moving in separate directions.
Victoria and Madilyn went to stay the night with their Grandpa and Grandma Di's, and Rodney was fast asleep by the time I finished all my errands this evening. So, I picked up a Redbox movie for Chandler and I.
Tomorrow we are getting out our fall decorations and cleaning up the outside of the house. I also have a lot of catching up to do on the inside cleaning (especially in the laundry room). Chandler has a soccer game in the afternoon. I really hope to have all our work done tomorrow, so Sunday we can go to Mass, Faith Formation, then spend the rest of the day relaxing, well, at least for a few hours before Victoria has to go to youth.
Victoria finished up her first season of tennis and I am so glad she really enjoyed playing. Homeschooling is going okay, it's such a huge adjustment and I am constantly worried that I am not doing a good enough job. Also, with this being our first year I am finding that a lot of material I purchased it not quite what I expected. We normally spend about 3 to 4 hours Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri doing class work, then Thursday we spend all day at the church for Mass, activities and playtime with other Catholic homeschoolers (Maddie and I both look really forward to Thursdays).
I am off to enjoy the movie with my son. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am in a constant state of doubt with my curriculum choices.... but I know that what I am offering my children is the best.... rest in that, sweet friend! If you have any questions, just holler. :-) You know I love to talk about hs'ing :)

    ReplyDelete