Sunday, January 23, 2011


"Week 1 Look for ways to praise your husband verbally. Praise him in front of the kids, friends, family, co-workers, on Facebook, tweet it - get praise out anyway you can! Try to mention something noteworthy he has done - in his role as provider, father, husband, lover, or friend. If the thought of trying to come up with one terrifies you, then pray right now that God will give you new eyes to see your husband as God does. Then open your mouth and say something kind and uplifting to your husband today and tomorrow and the next day until Valentine's Day arrives"

I love Courtney's blog Women Living Well. She inspires me to be the wife I know I should be. This is one of many useful challenges she does to help us all become better wives. I am starting in a little late, but, better late than never.


When we were first married, I would write him letters, leave him notes, call him out of the blue, just letting him know how much I loved and appreciated him. It seems after the kids were born my focus shifted. A lot of times I look at him as a partner parent and not as a man with wants and needs.

He often goes above and beyond to make me happy, he is very thoughtful. All he wants in return is acknowledged. This week I am going to concentrate on making sure I praise him for everything he does for us. I am going to take time to look for little things he does, things I may normally not notice and make sure I thank him.

No comments:

Post a Comment