Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Curriculum ordered? *check*!!

After weeks of spending about three hours a day researching curriculum I have finally got everything ordered. Luckily I have come across some awesome sites with free worksheets and lesson plans. I found a really neat online site SkedTrack, it is a lesson planner/record keeper. You can also print out reports cards, and generate transcripts. Best of all it's free!! Here is a run down of resources we will be using this year:

Science-Behold and See 3 from Catholic Heritage Curricula

Handwriting/Copy Work- Worksheet Works is a free site to generate works in print or cursive. I am generating various Catholic prayers for Maddie to copy in print, then, later in the year I will switch it to cursive.

Spelling/Dictation- Spelling Wisdom

Grammar-Grammer-land, I will also be pulling worksheet off various websites.

Reading- We will be pulling from Ambleside online and Open Court Reading.

Geography/map skills- pulling from my Tanglewood Planner.

Social Studies- History through the Ages

Art-Ambleside online We will also do monthly classes at the Art museum.

PE-We don't really have a set lesson plan yet. I am waiting to see what our Homeschool Group does. I know we are doing Swim and Gym at the YMCA.

Health- Pulling from our Tanglewood Lesson planner.

Religion- Ordinary People Extraordinary Lives, for learning about saints and their feast days. Catholic Tradition, to help with the liturgical year and the St Joseph Baltimore Catechism.

Foreign Language- Prima Latina, Ecclesiastical Latin.

Nature Study/Walk- Charlotte Mason recommends going on a nature walk everyday and keeping a journal. I have printed journal pages from Nature Rocks.

Vocabulary- We will pull words from the classical novel we are reading each week for our vocabulary words. If I feel this isn't working, I am going to order Wordly Wise.

Since this is my first year I have back up material ready in case something isn't working out. I would rather be over prepared than under prepared.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I want us to do Gym and Swim, too! Do you know whether it's too late to sign up?

    (beautiful blog, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete